Clinics are for goat producers of all backgrounds (meat, dairy, fiber; beginner or advanced). The clinic is divided into two portions, “classroom” and hands-on training. The “classroom” portion will be held inside and taught with slideshow and training manual. The hands on training portion will be held outside or in a covered area.
Clinics are held at B & D Genetics in Cherry Valley, Arkansas, twice in the spring and twice in the fall of each year. Synchronized does, stands, supplies and lunch with be provided for participants. Clinics at our farm are generally held on a Saturday with buck collection to follow on Sunday.
We also offer mobile clinics, and will travel to your location. Complete Trans-cervical Artificial Insemination kits are also available to purchase. For more details about clinics and pricing details please click the PDFs listed below. Contact us today to register or book your mobile clinic date.
- Male and Female Reproductive Anatomy and Function
- Reproductive Hormones and Analysis
- Estrous Synchronization Strategies
- Artificial Insemination (Laproscopic and Trans-Cervical)
- Embryo Flushing and Transfer
- Semen Collection and Processing
- Pregnancy Detection
Hands-On topics include:
- Equipment Overview
- Liquid Nitrogen Dewars Handling and Care
- Semen Handling and Evaluation (live demonstration and practice)
- Trans-cervical Artificial Insemination of Does (live demonstration and practice)
Now Booking for 2018!
*To register a deposit of half of the registration fee must be received 1 month prior to clinic date.